There's been a large push to implement the buildings that currently are not, and here's the point we're at now:
In the image as-is, there are:
- Tier One Generic Tenenment, the backbone of your city.
- Tier One Generic Farm, The breadbasket of your city.
- Tier Two Shale Gas Array, Gotta get the few precious hydrocarbons that are left!
- Tier Three CineStudio. Even in the grim, dystopian future that awaits us all, cheap consumable hollywood media needs to be made.
- Tier Three Uranium Mine (Placeholder Design) - There's green glowing rocks down there, get them and get energy from them.
- Tier One Claypit, The first step in making any building, is making the bricks and making bricks needs Clay.
- Panopic Nexus, your home-away-from-home. Hopefully it'll look bigger and better as time goes on, but sadly that's not implemented yet :c.
- Housing Authority, the bureaucratic centrepoint to being able to build all those useful things like farms, tenements and clay mines.
- University, the central hub for those brainy folks you predominantly hire from.
- HMP Bentham, the central hub for those down-on-their-luck folks the afore mentioned brainy folk 'hire' to do the heavy lifting.
- NIPS Regional Ofice, The place where you'll negotiate the licensing deals to operate your productions as a franchise of the NIPS conglomerate. They're in everything you know! From Cars to bullets, High end fashion to branded drinks, all is NIPS in the end.
- Tier One Coal mine. Not-so-glowing rocks, that you can dug up and burn to keep the lights on.
- Solar Panels (x2). Once hailed as the ecological solution to all our power needs, they're not a forlorn reminder that the hopeful years never really paid off. Like the loans given to the Eco-friendly companies that have since folded.
- Coal Power Station. It's big, it's ugly but it gets the job done. It also won't be quite the carbon copy of Battersea when I'm finished, I swear.
- Academic Student Housing. Where the soon-to-be-brainy folk live.
- NIPS Motorcar reseller. Take off the Brittech badge, replace it with a shiny NIPS badge and some faux-wood finish, and you've got yourself a luxury vehicle.
- Tier Two Motorcar Showroom, lack of jobs, food and et cetera dragging your people down? Give em something to strive for, like the new Brittech 119, six wheel drive!
- Tier Two Prison Block, despite our best efforts to get it changed, it's still illegal to let prisoners sleep outside, so to utilise this wonderful workforce, you'll need to build some of these.
- NIPS Pharmaceutical dispensary, NIPS-Branded headache tablets have been guaranteed to be up to 100% as effective as the generic brand!
- Outlet Mall, Under the NIPS Banner you should feel no guilt over fleecing your patrons for everything they have here/
- Cineplex, where people go and pay a serious premium to watch a NIPS-Approved flick, whilst stuffing themselves with butter-and-salt drenched polystyrene.
- Luxury Outlet, since not even the 1% can avoid being scammed out of their not-as-hard-earned money.
Still to Implement are:
- Tier Two Shale Gas Power Station
- Tier Three Nuclear Station
- Tier Two Generic Automotive Plant
- Tier Two Chemical Synthesis Plant
- Tier Two Pharmaceutical Dispensary
- Tier Three Rocket Fuel Cracker
- Tier Three VAB
- Tier Three Spaceport
- Tier Two Inmate Processing
- Tier Two Labour Yard
- Tier Two Assembly Line
- Tier Two Market
- Tier Three Import Office
- Tier Three Sweatshop
So as you can see, I've technically surpassed 50% in terms of actual content. Not quite seeing as many are still using greyboxes, and even more have no assigned variables for actual production or function, but that will come in time.
Here's the screenshot without the annotations, if you're interested.
If you've got any questions, comments etc. Leave them here OR at the end of the month I'll be partaking in the Reddit /r/gamedev Quarterly Showcase!
And before I go, here's one of the films that the cities in BLEAK will be capable of producing: