12 May 2015

60 model challenge | Day 2&3 | IKEA Wardrobe and Concrete Texture


Working on my modelling skills and texturing with these two days. Intent was to texture the wardrobe, though during the process I uncovered an awkward issue with Maya that made editing UV's impossible. This has since been remedied.

Moving on, I decided to get some PBR experience under my belt and make a concrete texture. I realise that such practices are probably going to wane after the uptake of software like Substance Painter, Ddo, 3D-Coat et al, however I feel that in order to better understand how the workflow functions is to make a few textures myself.